Finding the time to read a blog like this may create even more stress. Being aware of that, I ask you to relax and take a very few minutes to read these short suggestions to help relieve some stress.
- Acknowledge that God is God and you are not, and then turn all of life’s needs and goals over to Him. Truly practice His presence with you every moment of every day. He never leaves His children---in life’s daily grind or when we face major challenges. He NEVER leaves us or forsakes us.
- Ask God to help you identify what is important in life and what is incidental, inconsequential, or just a trick from Satan to increase your stress and reduce your joy. Be honest…is everything you stress over a life-changer or of major importance? It helps to identify and exercise your spiritual gift(s), an avenue to serve God while experiencing His supernatural power and minimal stress.
- Monitor your ambition. Drive is good but without some limitations, our goals can haunt us and rob us of joy of the daily blessings of God. Are you seeking to excel for self or for God? Trying to impress God with our successes is an overwhelming task…unless He told us to undertake a task in His power. If we accept His direction, He will be pleased with our obedience.
- Cultivate a sense of humor. Manage the natural tendency to highlight life’s negatives and truly count your blessings every day. Apart from God, what we deserve is hell itself. No matter how bad your job, do you not have it better than hell itself? Find a way to direct your thoughts to ways God adds to your life…then relax…you didn’t (and don’t) have to earn God’s blessings.
- Learn to manage your time. You don’t have to be hyper-organized, but admit that there is time in your day that is wasted with activities that won’t matter in eternity. Shed some time-wasters and focus on truly important activities that bless you and bless others.
- Be honest. Much stress is caused by breaking God’s commands while hoping to avoid the stress of disobedience. It just makes more sense to agree with God, go the way He directs, and let Him not only take responsibility for the day but also give you strength to end the day successfully…and as stress free as possible.